Center for Sight & Hearing
PO Box 5944
Rockford Illinois 1 61125
(815) 332 6800
The Center for Sight & Hearing is an accredited nonprofit organization that provides clinical services, rehabilitation therapy, and social activities for people who seek specialized hearing or vision care.
Maureen Mall, President, email@example.com
Barbara Schlomann, Vision Rehabilitation Therapist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Low Vision Occupational Therapist, Debra Morey, MOT, ORT/L, SCLV, advocates on behalf of those undergoing the rehabilitation program.
- Assist individuals in identifying and stating needs and goals and developing and implementing individual plans.
- Assistive Products
- Products for sale on site include magnifiers, talking watches/clocks, cooking utensils, reading and writing tools, personal and money management products, large-button phones, etc.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Reading material, Center brochures and information, greeting cards, and other materials.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers low vision screening, in-service training, sighted guide training.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Computer and Smartphone training for low vision clients, screen readers, and screen magnifiers.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides advice, assistance, consultation, training to individuals, professionals, employers, and family members.
- Offers support group, rehabilitation and career counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, home management, travel, money management, and communication skills at the Center or individual's homes.
- Information and Referral
- Provides community information and resources to assist individuals with vision loss.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision exams, prescriptions supply of low vision devices, and provision of low vision services for all ages and difficult to test
- Professional Training
- Offers workshops, professional presentations, and in-service training to the public and personnel who work with people with vision and hearing loss.
- Recreation Services
- Holds regularly scheduled social/recreational activities for adults with a vision and hearing loss.
- Services for Seniors
- Provides low vision services for seniors.
- Support Groups
- Offers support groups for individuals who experience a vision loss.