Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
100 West 15th Street
Chester Pennsylvania 1 19013
(610) 874 1476
Candy Bantum, Prevention of Blindness Specialist, email@example.com
Kimberly Graham, Director of Computer Access Technology Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offers low vision, and vocational evaluation services.
- Assistive Products
- Operates a store offering a large variety of assistive products, both low tech and high tech, for blind and visually impaired persons.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides information about blindness, services for the blind, and prevention of blindness through informational programs at senior centers, schools; speakers for corporate, community, and professional organizations; and distributes information on eye care and blindness prevention at employer and community health fairs.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers intensive computer and assistive technology instruction to clients with varying degrees of computer knowledge from beginner to advanced levels.
- Provides vocational assessment and evaluation, career guidance and counseling, social evaluation, casework counseling and services, life skills support groups, and referral to community services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal adjustment to blindness including communication skills, home management, orientation & mobility training, and sensory training. Offers computer access technology training, job placement services, summer transitional program for high school students with vision loss. Refers, provides consultation to other agencies for other rehabilitation services.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational assessment and career exploration services, career counseling, occupational skills development, employability skills training, job placement, follow-up and transitional services. CBVI also offers employment opportunities to people who are blind or visually impaired as technicians and customer service representatives through government contracts.
- Health Services
- Provides indigent eye care and eye safety training. Refers for and provides consultation to other agencies.
- In-Home Services
- Offers in-home rehabilitation, chore, and escort services for seniors.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers Low Vision Services by an optometrist specially trained in low vision technologies. After an evaluation, the optometrist may recommend specialized vision aids which enable clients to use their remaining sight more comfortably and efficiently.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training to professionals with blind clientele, and intern placement opportunities for college and graduate students.
- Recreation Services
- Offers recreational activities for newly blinded groups, field trips, bell choir, weekly art classes, day camp. Refers and provides consultation to other agencies for other recreation services.
- Services for Seniors
- Transportation Services
- Provides transportation services for seniors.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training