CNIB Foundation Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island Division
6136 Almon Street
Halifax Nova Scotia USA B3K 1T8
(902) 453 1480
CNIB is a nationwide, community-based, registered charity committed to research, public education and vision health for all Canadians. CNIB provides the services and support necessary for people to enjoy a good quality of life while living with vision loss.
Colleen Fitzgerald, Director, Human Resources, Atlantic, Colleen.Fitzgerald@cnib.ca, 506 458 0060
Pamela Gow-Boyd, Executive director, CNIB Foundation Prince Edward Island, Pamela.Gow-Boyd@cnib.ca, 902 453 1480
Debbie Ryan, Manager, Communications, Debbie.Ryan@cnib.ca, 709 754 1180 ext.238
- Assesses clients for rehabilitative, mobility training needs, employment accommodation needs.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational and other materials.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Public Relations and Advocacy Initiatives.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Training in the use of adaptive technology.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Employment accommodation assessments are available to professionals working with individuals living with vision loss; barrier free design assessments.
- Counseling services available.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides counselling services, training in the use of assistive devices, independent living and safe travel skills, sight enhancement techniques.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services.
- Library Services
- Provides library services for Canadians living with vision loss.
- Reading Services
- Local or other newspapers via the CNIB Library.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.