Community Services for Vision Rehabilitation
600 Bel Air Blvd., Suite 110
Mobile Alabama USA 36606
Community Services for Vision Rehabilitation is a non-profit community-based organization, dedicated to helping those with low vision and blindness.
The clinic provides professional evaluation by eye doctors (ODs and MDs), occupational therapists, ophthalmic technicians, computer specialists and others. It works in collaboration with state agencies and regional and national resources.
- Provides professional evaluation by a medical doctor or an optometrist, occupational therapists, ophthalmic technicians, computer specialists and others.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers training to people with vision loss to use different ways of adapting to a change in their capabilities, so they may continue to perform their usual duties, hobbies and remain as independent and functional as possible. Occupational therapists demonstrate and train patients in the many ways to adapt to the problems and limitations of vision loss. They show how to do things like cook, sew, write, do financial affairs and correspondence.
- Information and Referral
- Assists clients with contacting appropriate state and national agencies (such as the Veterans Administration, Department of Rehabilitation Services, etc.)
- Low Vision Services
- Full service Low vision rehabilitation medical clinics staffed by Medical Doctor, Optometrist and Occupational Therapist with full complement of glasses, magnifiers and adaptive aids.Home visits, support groups, computer workshops and advocacy offered.