Kentucky Blind Services Division
Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Central Office
Frankfort Kentucky USA 40601
The Kentucky Office for the Blind is a state government rehabilitation agency that offers assistance to persons who are blind or visually impaired. They also provide services for employers interested in hiring or accommodating workers who have a vision loss.
The mission of the Kentucky Office for the Blind is to provide opportunities for employment and independence to individuals with visual disabilities. They offer services that help individuals become more independent and productive in the workplace, community, school, and home.
Offices are located in Ashland, Bowling Green, Elizabethtown, Florence, Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville, Owensboro, Paducah, Prestonsburg, and Somerset.
Corey Marcum, Director, Kentucky Business Enterprises, Corey.Marcum@ky.gov, 502-782-3404
Cora McNabb, Executive Director, Cora.McNabb@ky.gov, 502-782-3402
- Performs vocational and personal adjustment assessments.
- Assistive Products
- Distributes low vision devices and activities of daily living devices.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers adult education and GED training at McDowell Center. Provides training in the use of braille.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of assistive technology.
- Offers rehabilitation counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in the use of assistive devices, braille and advocacy. Offers independent living services for seniors across the state.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides evaluation, work experience, pre-vocational and vocational training, vocational placement, follow-up services. Administers the Kentucky Business Enterprises, which trains and certifies Kentuckians who are legally blind and licenses them to operate vending and other food service facilities.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information regarding blindness-related services.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides training in orientation and mobility.