Oregon Commission for the Blind
535 SE 12th Avenue
Portland Oregon USA 97214
(971) 673 1588
The Commission for the Blind is the specialized agency for services to individuals who are blind Authorized under Title IV of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. We provide vocational rehabilitation and independent living services to eligible Oregonians that allow individuals to meet their employment and independent living goals.
Jonathan Scrimenti, firstname.lastname@example.org
Malinda Carlson, Director of Independent Living Services, email@example.com, 971 673 1578
Jason Clary, Director - Orientation & Career Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, 971 673 1588
Angel Hale, Director, Rehabilitation Services, email@example.com, 971 673 1588 ext.31594
Dacia Johnson, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 971 673 1588 ext.31591
Eric Morris, Director, Business Enterprise Program, email@example.com, 971 673 1588 ext.31578
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers courses in reading braille as well as using braille equipment.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Consults, assists in job placement, job restructuring, adaptive equipment.
- Offers vocational and personal counseling and guidance. Refers for other counseling/social work services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Prvoides training in personal management, handwriting, computer technology, typing, video magnifier, electronic mobility devices, and home management in client's home and community.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides pre-vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, job retention, vocational placement, follow-up service, vending facility training. Refers for other employment-oriented services.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to aging programs.
- Low Vision Services
- Low vision specialist on staff.
- Professional Training
- Offers regular in-service training programs; also open to enrollment from other agencies.
- Recreation Services
- Offers challenge course. Refers for other recreational/leisure services.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Offers support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.